Sunday, May 24, 2009

Daddy's Last Dance

You were watching me from around the corner
as I clueless-ly peeked into the box wrapped in blue and silver
You sent me a gift with someone else's name on it
Is this a favor your are getting paid for?

You drive me crazy
You love me more than anyone
but now are you are giving me away?
A smile flashes from my eyes
and you are actually pleased
that I was looking into someone else's

You walk behind me
hiding in the sidelines
pretending to be a stranger
just to watch me look around for someone
you could have embraced me
as i twirled in pure excitement
but you stepped aside









And out of the corner of my eye
I see you beaming
from the shady corner
uncovering the face of your very protege

Whose hand is this, holding mine?
you seem to have taught him your ways of holding
Your hand that had once held me tight
now gracefully lets go
The gap we have called waiting
You've sucked away
into your blissful satisfaction
Whose hand is this I'm holding?
It reminds me of yours
Yours that once held me so tight
but now found enough confidence
to let go

No comments: