Sunday, December 27, 2009

trust

i am face to face
with eyes that beam like first glimpse of light
in an otherwise dark night
i am cheek to cheek
with warmth that lingers
in an otherwise freezing midnight
i have almost bumped into my dream
that ends the endless imagining
i am gripped with sweetness that longs to believe
that this is already the answer to my prayer

but beyond the bend
in this solid and finite path
the light has yet to shine
and my eyes yet to blink thousands in pleasant disbelief
as they alight on whatever sight that side of the world holds
yes, my guide says whatever this is that touches my face
that warms my cheeks, or teases my longings
are only foretastes of what i simply cannot miss



i long to hold on to this, hints of 'almost' and 'finally'
loosed from the sacred place called waiting
but hear, there is voice, the faithful child inside of me
once and ever captivated by that word of promise
that i never fully understood
and yet i chose to anchor upon
every fragile piece of tomorrow
things as delicate as my affections
on it i place upon my trust
completely

yes, my guide says whatever this is that touches my face
that warms my cheeks, or teases my longings
are only foretastes of what i simply cannot miss
i cannot stay here but i must let go...

his character and love
cannot be mocked or questioned
i hammer and seal every dangling piece of life i will ever know
upon that word
beyond the bend

of this place, i must let go...
in perfect trust






No comments: